Live from The Space Shed with astronomer Liz Avery
As part of the Astro Science Challenge: LIVE! we’re broadcasting LIVE from UNSA’s HQ, The Space Shed.
On Wednesday 6 May at 10am BST, we spoke with Royal Observatory Greenwich astronomer Liz Avery! Don’t worry if you missed it, it’s available to watch above and on our YouTube Channel. Tune in to see Liz answer your questions and chat about:
- top tips for completing Mission 1: Spaceship Earth
- how to get into astronomy
- what she gets up to at the Royal Observatory Greenwich
- what she sees through the telescopes
- what you can see without telescopes and when to see it
- her favourite planet
- measuring the distance between us and other planets
- and the big question, what is dark matter?
Jon Spooner, UNSA’s Director of Human Spaceflight, also showcases Cadet work for Mission 1 and Mini Jon shares his latest ‘Top Tips for Lockdown’.
Don’t forget to join us on Friday 8 May at 2pm BST for our live broadcast with ESA astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti!